Alternative Anime Awards (A3 2006): I have a dream~

Note: This is a suggestion post, not a VOTE NOW post!

This is A3 2006, where the underdogs, the unknown and the bizarre gets their place in history!

Let us not wallow in our love for Yuki, Tsuruya (nooooo!) and Haruhi, I say to you today, my friends.

So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Alternative Impzie world. It is so deep rooted that it is quite rotten sadly.

I have a dream that one day this anime nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all anime are created equal unless it’s all crap and Soul Link love.”

I have a dream today: The Alternative Impzie Awards (AIA)….

However, this dream cannot be fulfilled without the help of you readers. Give your ideas to me! I need nominees. I will also have a panel of judges to help me with this, so Wait for the dream to arrive! These are of course based from winter season 2005/2006 up to Fall 2006. So throw me your suggestions!

Note: For now, the format will be decided. I will have 7 highly-professional judges (*cough*) from the anime blogging community. They will each vote accordingly, with each of their votes considered to be 2 votes. However, do not worry, your comments, if you leave a vote, will be considered as 1 vote as well. Hence, after a designated time not yet decided, the poll will end and we will have our results!

For now, my judges include TJ from Riuva, Lupus from THAT, Danny from Novastorm, Aurabolt from Aurabolt, DarkShaunz from Retsgip. If you wish to apply to be a judge before I hunt down my other victims…..comment too, hohohoh~

In a later date, the finalized finalists of the A3 2006 will be out!

————————————–

1. Worst Graphics
Yoake mae yori ruriiro na – Crescent Love
Naruto
Soul Link
Chevalier D’Eon
Happiness!

2. Best “Total waste of premise/concept”
Good Witch of the West – Astrea Testament

Kana-chan from Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

4. Best loli-infused series
Chokotto Sister
Sumomo momomo
Powerpuff Girls Z
Higurashi no Naku koro ni
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!

5. Best trap

11. Best “hyped but fails” series
Fate/Stay Night
Tsuyokisu CoolxSweet
Soul Link
Happiness!
Yoake mae yori ruriiro na – Crescent Love

12. Best “huh, is there such a series in 2006?”
Hanoka
Marginal Prince
_summer
Himesama Goyoujin
Rakugo Tennyo Oyui

Give me your suggestions before I go around to finalize my judges! Of course, the list is not finalized yet. If you think something should be in, and something should be out, tell me, ….i will edit accordingly.

This entry was posted in Polls. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 21, 2006 at 5:59 am | Permalink

First Comment.

Black Lagoon Must Win.

This is non-negotiable.

2. Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:06 am | Permalink

night head genesis IS NOT A MECHA!! >.<

3. Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:10 am | Permalink

then suggest me something that is mecha

<– is avid mecha hater ^_^

4. Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:27 am | Permalink

I can’t vote. The choices make it impossible. I demand a referendum!

5. robotto
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:42 am | Permalink

huh, is there such a series in 2006? >> lold

ot: and who’s the winner for that AB mecha battle? (or can i still vote? heheh)

6. Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:49 am | Permalink

Some recommendations

1. Worst Graphics
    Soul Link
    (why are The Third and Chevalier D’Eon on here? O_o)

2. Best “Total waste of premise/concept

7. Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Best loli – Rika or Satoko from Higurashi

Most “under-rated

8. Posted December 21, 2006 at 8:04 am | Permalink

I haven’t gotten into any anime award stuff yet so I wouldn’t mind being a judge if I can. :D

9. Posted December 21, 2006 at 8:12 am | Permalink

2. Best “Total waste of premise/concept

10. Posted December 21, 2006 at 9:25 am | Permalink

>Aurabolt from Aurabolt

Impz, you don’t know my blog name do you? My blog name is NOT aurabolt. T_T

Anyway, you forgot Ilya in the loli category. Not that I plan to vote for her though.

11. Chris
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Why no tadd Bartender to #12.

Really why do people hate the series so much? I love it!

12. Chris
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Bleh sorry for not going over my typing
    *Why not add Bartender to #12?*

13. Mokokits
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Slice of Life – Honey and Clover I or II, I dont know about anyone else, but I like it

14. Gary Ee
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

1) Worst Graphics
    Yoake in that group by a mile. Chevalier though seems a tad out of place among the nominees.

2) Best Waste of a great concept
    Coyote Ragtime Show due to a great first episode and a total sausage fest afterwards. Despite the hype surrounding all the characters (the “elite” 12 Sisters, Mister’s ingenuity) none of them really live up to it except for possibly Angelica.

3) Best Loli
    I vote for Gretel from Black Lagoon; cute, deadly and oh so tragic

4) Best Loli infusion
    Sumomo mo Momomo for loli-love in episode 8 between Momoko and Iroha

5) Best Trap
    Mizuho-“oneesama” from Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

6) Show that should have been a hentai series
    Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. Right, healthy teenage male, school full of nubile young women and Shion-sama and nothing happened?

7) Best Slice of Life
    Aria. I really wouldn’t want to live a life where the events of Mushishi are part of my daily routine….

8) Best Action
    Black Lagoon. Between Revy, Balalaika, Roberta, Eda and Shen Hua, strongest female cast I’ve seen in a long time for an action series.

9) Best Mecha Series
    Soukou no Strain for listening to its viewers and killing off irritating cast members. Now with 120% more yuri.

10) Most Underrated Series
    Ghost Hunt, genuinely intriguing ghost stories mixed with teen angst

11) Best Hype, Worst Results
    Tsuyokiss CoolxSweet, plenty of hype, dead in the water.

12) Best “huh, is there such a series in 2006?

15. Tess
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

I’d totally love to be part of voting but… oO;

In anycase… MOST UNDER-RATED!? Simoun of course. NO DOUBT.

16. alkanphel
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

7. Best slice of life series
    Bartender

8. Best Action/Shounen series
    D. Gray-man
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn

10. Most “under-rated

17. VynN
    Posted December 21, 2006 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

I notice that Kanon was nominated.

18. Posted December 21, 2006 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

I wouldn’t mind judging this thing. It’d be fun!

19. Posted December 23, 2006 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Best “Total waste of premise/concept

20. Posted December 25, 2006 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

all right, I have gotten enough views and have edited accordingly.

I will message the judges respectively when the voting starts…The thread will appear soon!