The deathly bells of a single blogger and a commentator

null

By the decreed of the evil Thirteensugars, I have made a random post. So, if you are new to the blog and have no clue who Thirteensugars is, or who the heck Impz is in the first place, it’s all right. You are more than welcome to ignore this post and just enjoy your anime reading in THAT Anime Blog. For the others who enjoy a little silly story, or perhaps those who actually talked to me before, just read on. There’s something quite big happening in my life that has a strong relationship to this blog. Thirteensugars, for some reason, think that you should know.

More than three years ago, a certain stalker of a blog was enjoying her reading of Saiunkoku Monogatari. She presumed that this blogger was a girl, since “she” writes in a rather feminine way, and that it would seem pretty weird that the blogger would be a guy. She was wrong, this blogger was a guy and was a keen lover of shoujo series. Led by their common interests, they made very lengthy blog comments with each other on the discussion of this anime and many other anime such as Ghost Hunt or Bokura ga Ita.

Both of them cannot really remember who initiated the communication between the two off the blog. The conversation moved on toward IM, then to skype, then to webcam chat. Out of the blue, the blogger proposed to have a relationship with the lady. This was no simple decision to make, by the way. The blogger was all the way in Singapore, while this lady was living in the United States. This will be a long distance relationship across 14,000 miles, two continents and a 16 hour timezone difference. Still, the girl agreed. They probably regretted quite often of this decision. They were disillusioned by the distance at times because they are so far apart. People doubted whether this relationship was real in the first place.

Fast forward three years, this was the guy’s fourth visit to the United States. It was a really uneventful second day on his vacation to the United States. The couple was still together amazingly enough, and they were about to watch Alice in Wonderland. Out of a sudden, the girl wanted to take a photograph in front of the cinema. The blogger was fine with the suggestion and told her to grab it from his sling bag. As she searched in the sling bag, she found a ring.

Her: What is this?
Him: You should know what this is.
Her: Hmm, is this a proposal?
Him: I guess so.
Her: Aren’t you supposed to go down on your knees
Him: *Goes down on his knees* Will you marry me?
Her: Yes.

null

Some say that a story usually ends with a happily ever after, even with the most unromantic proposal ever in front of a movie theater. This blogger does not think so. A marriage is not the end or some may say, the deathly bells of a social life. This is simply the start of a relationship in which you share your life, your anger, your frustrations, your disappointments and your happiness with a significant person in your life forever. So, thank you, THAT Anime Blog, for finding my wife amidst all the uncertainties of online relationships, and that she will be finally flying over to me in the near future.

Thank you, THAT Anime Blog, for making this possible for me.

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. 13Sugars
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Fyi, I was not stalking, I was lurking. Secondly, after realizing you’re not a girl, I automatically assumed you were gay until I again had another realization that you’re really, and actually a genuine straight guy who writes like a girl . :D And thirdly, the first one to communicate through e-mail and IM was you. :P And, I never watched Bokura ga Ita btw. We had our “flirtacious banter” if you can call it that (lol) with Ghost Hunt and SaiMono mostly… I still think MaixNaru & ShuureixRyuuki is the best. Seiran’s mine! Yay! But yeah, thank you THAT Anime Blog. ^^

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 2:52 am | Permalink

LOL PWNED IMPZ, I LOVE THIS REPLY

It’s pretty obvious who has the better memory in the relationship now, but congratulations again!

Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:05 am | Permalink

She’s just a mean wife. Sigh, I married a mean tsundere. @_@

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink

It’s cool; my girlfriend also thought I was gay initially. And hey, I kind of am.

Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Please, lolikits. You are not gay. You are THE Gay. I will prefer you to be more open. Subtlety or humbleness just don’t fit you at all.

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Yes, My Mistress

Posted April 6, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Glad we are on the same page here =/.

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink

I find it interesting how a fellow blogger and now his former gf now waifu is also a fellow otome game player =D

Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

See a trend? :> We are stuck with our own kind! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO xD I want a normal waifu, not a darn classic tsundere (with more dere than tsun though). *Grumbles*

2. ExecutiveOtaku
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I had already expressed my well-wishes to 13sugars on Twitter, but once again let me say congratulations to both of you!

BUT WHY DIDN’T YOUR FELLOW BLOGGERS GET WEDDING INVITATIONS!?!?!?! Also, need pics :P

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:16 am | Permalink

Lol, none of my friends manage to go for our wedding. So, don’t feel left out. ^^

3. Crusader
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Still waiting for my invitation and a a list on your registry of what kind of marriage crap your looking for, otherwise expect a couple toasters…

Still congratulations. Also PICS OR IT DIDN’T HAPPEN.

• 13sugars
      Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

It’s all on Facebook, if you have one, one of us can invite you to be friends and you’ll see the groom in doom (lol) or doomed groom.

• Crusader
        Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:50 am | Permalink

Facebook… is that how it is?

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Aye sire, if you wish ~

4. Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Impz and Thirteensugars! I’m sure all the very vocal Impz fans will be heartbroken, as they are forced to finally relinquish their dreams.

Also, good thing you didn’t post this a few days ago. :P

Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

I know, people would think I am pulling an April fool joke. ~_~ That’s why I delayed posting it until now. 13sugars, being the overtly showy lady she is, wants to broadcast this to the whole world. What can a husband do, after all?

*wink*

5. Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

And you wonder where the trap jokes come from… Congrats you two!

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:17 am | Permalink

I wonder still too. Why? I am serious O_O

6. gt
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

congrats guys!! rather creative way of proposing too.

7. Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

I remember when I went to SG and we were talking about Zer0/0ne’s wedding, jinya asked when your wedding’s going to be, and finally… here it is! XD

Congratulations Impz and 13sugars.

omg BLOGGING MAKES YOU UNRONERY FOREVER. True Story :P

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:39 am | Permalink

Ermm, I don’t think that will be the right message. The right message is BLOGGING = SEXBUNNY… Wait what. Well, my wedding actually was on the 26th last month. Too rushed of an event and impossible to invite anyone other than her relatives. So ya =/

8. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

Wow, that’s some story. Congratulations and best of luck to you both!

9. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

I think I just “D’aaaaw~~~”ed from reading this~

Congrats to you two and may you lead a wonderful life together <3

10. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Truly magical. Congrats! Best wishes to you both in the future! :D

11. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Inspiring. Also, congratulations, Impz and 13Sugars. Wedding going to be held in the US? Pity. :(

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Correction: read my reply on usajigen’s comment :P

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Dammit. But never mind. Take care in your marriage. :)

12. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

WHAT IS THIS I DON’T EVEN

[congrats!~]

13. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Awwwwwwww thats adorable!!!!!! Actually truly heartwarming-adorable!!!!
    Mucho congratulations!!!!

(Found this thanks to a tweet by Senime)

14. Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

This is the cutest thing I have read all day! Congratulations and good luck you two!

15. black87
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Now here is a story to warm the hearth. Congratulations Impz and 13Sugars!

16. Kobukson
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

D’awwww! Congrats! ^^

Don’t feel too bad about the proposal Impz; I’m pretty sure that still tops my Dad. It’s junior year of college and he’s watching a movie with his girlfriend of a year in a darkened living room, just the two of them. She’s crying after the worst day of her life as the movie ends. Realizing this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, he turns to her, looks her straight in the eye, and says:

Him: “So, you wanna do it?”
    Her: *glare of death* “DO WHAT?!!”
    Him: “Get married…”

Anyways, congratulations and good luck!

17. Posted April 5, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Holy moly, that was slick. Too bad you didn’t follow it up by getting down on your knee before you were reminded, otherwise it would’ve been perfect.

So you attract the kind of audience you write like. Thanks for tip. Now I know why the only people I meet through my site are the burliest of men.

Posted April 5, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

By the way, that was the exact words used in the proposal. Sadly, I actually had a more romantic way of proposing in mind but as always, she spoils the surprise. Hence, I had to do an impromptu.

Honestly though, I would think it makes absolute sense that you attract the kind of audience based on your topic and the way you like. Stop talking about boobs and Queen’s blade, and you are willing to be on the right track… or not.

18. Shokkeru
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Oh mi gosh~

Congrats you two.

19. Posted April 5, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

OMG… What news!! As a lurker of the blog, I have to say… CONGRATS YOU TWO <3 ^__^ What a lovely story…

20. Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I hope to one day marry a trap myself.

Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

I thought you said traps are passe~

21. kazekaeru
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Congrats you two! From your opening paragraph, I sorta imagined this wonderful news

May happiness be with you two,Impz and thirteensugars ,now that you choose to walk through life together.

22. KrebMarkt
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:15 am | Permalink

Congrats!

That’s some Shojo story material here ;)

23. notfair
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:36 am | Permalink

wow, this is just omg!
    congratulation!

24. IKnight
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 1:46 am | Permalink

Congratulations!

25. Magnus
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Congrats to the happy couple, then. :)

26. raile
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:05 am | Permalink

Aww XD

Congratulations!

27. Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:18 am | Permalink

Oh wow! Congratulations Impz & thirteensugars! Now thats a real life fairy tale ^_^

28. CatzCradle
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:03 am | Permalink

That… Was an Awesome story!~ <3
    Congratulations and best wishes to the both of you!

29. Blist
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:12 am | Permalink

OMG!!! For some reason, I was away from this blog about a year and a half.. but I remembered the pleasure I got from here especially from Impz and 13Sugars.. we share the same interest after all , lol.

and just when I felt like missing this blog again.. I found this great news!! Congratulations, both of you! I wish you have a wonderful life together :D

30. Cherubium
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:19 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! It was thanks to you (Impz) that I came to this site and I hope that you will have a happy and eventful marriage. Have LOTS OF BABIES OR TRY FOR IT :)

31. Tenryu
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 7:10 am | Permalink

kinda reminds me how a fanfiction writer found his wife

congrats! And if you will accept well wishes from a complete stranger, may the both of you live happily together till your hairs go white

Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Really? Well, there are always success stories for relationships. However, we are always more concerned over the negative things. If only we care about the good things happening in the world.

• Tenryu
        Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

you’d be amazed at how similar your stories are. Long distance relationship and the fact that his wife was drawn to him because he wrote a sailormoon fanfic

Yes people, a guy met a girl because of a sailormoon fanfic that HE wrote

32. Posted April 6, 2010 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Wow very nice story! and Congrats to you both ;D

33. fatjing
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 8:37 am | Permalink

wow, what a lovely story!
    Congratulations!

34. Posted April 6, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink

CONGRATULATIONS IMPZ

whew that took a lot of effort =P

Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Not really, it was impromptu at its greatest. I didn’t expect her to find the ring because she said she was going to get the camera. Kinda stupid of me to put it on the front pocket of the sling bag in the first place. However, at least I rescued the situation RIGHT? right…?

35. Posted April 6, 2010 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Congrats! While I’ve never commented on your post, and an infrequent reader of THAT, I wish the both of you the best of luck with your marriage, and many happy memories together.

36. cenyth
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I wish you both happiness. =)

37. Posted April 6, 2010 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Congratulations to you both. This is a truly inspirational story for anime blogging.

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

It is? You do know I started to blog much less? You mean a win for anime bloggers, a loss for anime blogging. Wait, I just realize that implies that I am worth anything in the anime blogging community. Owned.

38. Posted April 6, 2010 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Congratulations and have a happy life together!

39. Posted April 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

When I first heard that the “legendary” Impz of THAT Anime Blog left his blog in pursuit of Real Life, I wasn’t sure what to think. There are so many anime fans who give up before they reach their goals that it’s easy to assume the worst.

Now I know that I was wrong. Congrats, both of you – you’ve found happiness in the strangest possible way, and you’re an inspiration to all of us. I don’t know the first thing about relationships and married life, but I wish you well. I can assure you that your story will not be forgotten. :)

Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Well, I am still somewhat interested in anime, but working life isn’t as easy as 1-2-3, especially not when you are expected to perform well (I am an Educational policy analyst, and just started work for 6+ months). I actually didn’t really leave the blog since I do blog at times when I have time, but those times are very infrequent to come by, what with long hours of work. Sigh, why can’t I slack and get paid ^^

In terms of true and proper long term and long distance relationship, I think it is probably something that I will not recommend anyone to go through because it’s painful, it’s tough and most of all, it costs a lot. At least that is what I think, unless you already have an end in mind, like who will move over to where in a certain time span. That makes it easier to look forward to something. And thank you ^^

40. Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Congratulations to both of you!

41. Jackpot15
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Congratulations to the both of you, wish you both well. But I must say that is certainly a different way to meet someone.

42. LKK
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Congratulations, you two! I remember your flirtations on the Ghost Hunt posts. LOL

I’m so very happy for you.

43. Sacchi
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Despite not having commented on any post in this blog in months, congratulations!

44. Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on being all kinds of awesome.

45. Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

awwwwww! So cute.
    That made my day.
    Congratulations!

46. YamiKakyuu
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Wow you guys thats awesome!!

47. Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Whoa, I thought this was a delayed April Fool’s joke, then I saw all these other blogs posting about it and did a double take. Amazing! Congrats you guys!

Posted April 6, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

O_O is there even such a thing known as a delayed April Fool’s joke O_O. Would anyone use marriage as a joke in the first place, lol? @_@

48. SohKai
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Wait, Impz, you left your wife to go back to Singapore already? You’ve got to be kidding me. Where was the planning?

Posted April 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Well, work is a pain :D. On a serious note, we planned on a systematic one year-plan to bring her to Singapore because she has her own issues to deal with. So, no worries about that. Honestly, I think it’s hard to discuss anything without the context, and both of us prefer to keep our privacy a little at least on the dirty laundry of my new family ^^

49. YanLan
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Congrats to Impz and Thirteensugars! I never thought love can be found this way leading up to marriage… had my doubts about online relationships but I am now HAPPY that you two have proven me wrong!

stay blissful forever! Live together well into your graying years! Congratulations once again (can’t say enough of it =D )

50. Posted April 6, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Now that’s a sweet of a story. Gratz to the both of you.

You sold the movie rights yet?

Posted April 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

O_O? *something’s shiny*

*Distracted*. I think it will be hell of a boring movie, if anything.

5 Trackbacks

• By THAT trap hitched « The Moritheil Review on April 6, 2010 at 12:31 am

[...] to entertain fantasies of a future with him.  Just hours ago in a post at THAT Anime Blog, Impz announced his marriage to otome gamer Thirteensugars. Thirteensugars’ blog entry on March 30th goes into further detail about the March 26 [...]

• By Moe Check! » The Marriage Trap on April 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm

[...] Congratulations to Impz and ThirteenSugars on their matrimony, which apparently took place on the 26th of March, if rather briefly announced. Congratulatory messages are being sent from around the world even as we speak. [...]

• By アニ・ノート on April 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Impz’s wedding non-surprise…

With 13 being around the “scene” (e.g. visiting #animeblogger sometimes), we kinda knew it was somewhere out, but nonetheless they officially got married now. Impz gives an inspiring summary of the humble beginnings: More than three years ….

• [...] my antics in Singapore know I had the pleasure to meet up with Impz from THAT. Now it looks like the lucky bastard’s found his better half. I’m no good at saying this stuff, but I wish these newlyweds all the happiness in the world. [...]

• [...] } So impz got married and I am an [...]