Make a contract with us and become a magical blogger!
Friends and readers, T.H.A.T. Anime Blog is currently looking for one to two new bloggers. We’re looking for enthusiastic potential bloggers with Totsugeki Love Hearts, with passion that burns red like the East, and can occasionally spout off a good rant. If you’re enthusiastic about anime and manga and want to get your voice out there in a team blogging environment we invite you to apply. Whether you’re new to blogging or have blogged before; whether your interests are sparkly shoujo, HAREM END romcoms, hot blooded action, yaoi fangirling, inspired artsiness, moe-moe kyun, ship-to-ship combat, and anything in between. If you think being part of the T.H.A.T. team and regular blogging is for you, get in touch with us.
Would you like to know more?
As a blogger at T.H.A.T. you would have free reign over the kinds of blogging you’d do. We ask for bloggers to post at least once a week but beyond that you’re free to choose your topics. I encourage anyone who is enthusiastic about anime to try. We’re a friendly bunch here, so don’t feel intimidated to email us about joining. And if you’re selected, you’ll have the rest of the team to help you get started if you’re new to blogging. I was completely new to it when I started two years ago, and made plenty of mistakes (especially technical) early on, but my comrades helped me as I and they will help you. And being part of the team means you’ll have the opportunity to co-blog series or co-author posts if you and another blogger are interested in tackling the same topic. I will be coordinating the recruitment process and interacting with applicants, so feel free to contact me with applications or even just questions if you’re still deciding whether you want to apply. I look forward to hearing from those interested in becoming new members of T.H.A.T.!
Below is a word from, and standard procedure as developed by, Impz. And if I can lure him out of the bowels of the Ministry of Education (possibly with a crumb trail of Tsuruya figures), you may hear from him as well during the recruiting and selection process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications is September 9 unless otherwise changed. (If it is, I will edit it so it’s at the top of the post, in bold.)
Impz’s preface to T.H.A.T Recruitment
I decided to add a word here for all readers of T.H.A.T who might be interested in writing for us. We always welcome applicants everywhere, and it is always my goal (Impz) to allow more talented writers into our group. However, I must add that we do not accept everyone who sends us an email, but it does not mean you are not good enough. It is just that you are not a good fit for us. On the contrary, we take great pride in this blog and we want to make sure that anyone who is making an application to this blog knows what they are getting into.
Why join T.H.A.T?
1. You do not have to deal with the whole creation of a blog and wonder about how to even start one.
2. We are an anime blog that does have quite a few eyeballs reading our entries. Writing for us will mean that you do not have to bother about finding readership. There is already a decent loyal readership in this blog, all thanks to the loving commentators and readers who have continued to follow us.
3. You do not need to bother about administrative and blog templates. You can just focus on your writing.
4. You do not need to feel stressed about writing. This is a team blog, which means there will be people blogging all the time. Of course, we will love it if you write at least one entry per week. We prefer writers who are constantly trying to contribute to the success of this blog.
5. You already have a ready group of writers in T.H.A.T who will be willing to do collaborative posts with you rather than brainstorming entries on your own.
So, do you have what it takes to be a blogger here? Other than the Hollywood-like looks, the hot bodies and sexy voices, we also hope to see…
1. Decent writing - We do not expect you to have sophisticated vocabulary, but we at least hope to see a decent level of writing that can interest any reader who is coming to this blog. If we are bored at your writing, will any reader find it interesting themselves?
2. Distinct voice- More than anything, we like to hear something different from an incoming writer. We believe in diversity, and we do not need to find another author that writes the same old stuff. We’re always interested in writers who can add something new to the blog.
3. Social interactivity- You must be comfortable replying to others, even the mean ones. We are no trolls here, and we want to see if you can handle the pressure. Not everyone can do it easily. We also provide counseling services. Executive Otaku will be in charge of it. By that, we mean he will be treating you very NICELY. [I am nice! Unless you sided with Hiromi in True Tears. -EO]
Submission of entries
Here is what is required of you in that email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Administrative matters – Please make sure you have “Applying to THAT Blog as a writer” as the subject in the email. Also, for your blog entry, please enclose it in a word document or Google Docs, and make sure you include your nickname in the file name.
2. An entry – We want you to submit an entry when you email us. This entry should be seen as your first entry that you will post on T.H.A.T. This is a test/gauge/requirement/examination of your writing skills and creativity. We also wish to see that you are able to structure your ideas in a way that allows the commentator to question themes in your writing. This can be a post you’ve written if you’ve blogged before, or a relevant sample of your writing written specifically for us.
3. What you wish to do in T.H.A.T – Of course, do tell us about your vision when you enter THAT. We wish to know what you want to write, the genre of writing (Episode summaries, editorials, manga, j-drama, k-drama, parodies) and the frequency of your posting. If you wish, you can give one or two paragraphs about yourself, to let us know you a little better.
We will always reply within five days to inform you that we have received your application. As all new applicants’ entries will be seen by all active authors of THAT, we will take some time to inform you whether you are accepted or rejected. If you are rejected, please do not feel hurt because it always pains me to reject anyone.
All in all, let me thank you for reading this wall of text and I hope to see you around in THAT soon!