Real Life Death Note?

Whether or not the student was really serious about it is anyone’s guess but, it’s kind of sad really. I actually feel kind of embarrassed for the guy… and myself for knowing what “Death Note” is.

This entry was posted in Random Stuff. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Karry
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Meh, just the kind of dumb stuff people expect to happen in MassMurder States.

2. Fisslag
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 11:55 am | Permalink

haha….yeah really

i wonder, if ppl really believe such crap? anyway they don’t have anthing better to do than bringing this kind of stuff on news?
    soon they want to forbid airing such animes like death note :( (when this time comes i gonna be really sad^^;;)

3. Posted November 26, 2007 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

This is kind of funny especially compared to Light how blatant you have to be to be caught by high school staff.

4. Posted November 26, 2007 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Hm, no notice if the site works? Boring.
    And they didn´t take notice on that it isn´t the first site that gives you power till kill, we have Hellgirl and her webpage as well.

Stupid news, can´t get anything right.

Once again, I feel as if this is just a plot to make anime looks bad for the general audience while the most “enlightened” audience gets aggressive on how stupid the media is.

5. Linya
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

“Meh, just the kind of dumb stuff people expect to happen in MassMurder States.”

@Karry. Excuse me? ^_^ I find it ridiculous, I don’t see what the big deal is, but really, “massmurder states?” Which reminds me, I have a friend who cosplayed as MisaMisa and she has a Death Note. She got voice actors to sign it at cons.

6. Myr-Myr
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Why is this big news? I mean I’ve heard of so many case like this that didn’t make the evening news or anywhere close.

7. Posted November 26, 2007 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

It’s just a damn notebook.

I’m sure alot of goth and emo kids have something like it. Not a big deal guys…

8. Malachi
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Having a Death Note is one thing, thinking it actually works is something else entirely.

9. Posted November 26, 2007 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Wow, I guess someone is a little obsessed with anime:p.But as korosora said it’s just a damn book, if he actually wanted to do something about he will just do it.

10. Hei
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

they need better news……..

11. kagomilee
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 3:17 am | Permalink

I can’t believe that boy really believe there is death note…There is simply “no”…and tell u that Death Note movie 3 is coming up so i wonder if it will affect that show…I hope not..

12. Amarei
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 6:42 am | Permalink

I don’t think the boy thought it could work. He just used it for fun. One of my friends has a death note and we all begged her to write our names in it. The media of course didn’t do enough research and is giving us bad names.

13. Mailru
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 11:58 am | Permalink

LOL IT WAS ON NEWS ROFL. Me and my friends LOL’d at that so bad.
    Anyways it’s just a note book. It’s not like some one is going to drop dead if you write a name in “Such” a note book.
    Lol @ Americans to bitch about something like that.
    Seriously Amerian Media needs something better to do.
    But to have Luxury to make a fuss about “That” is… >_>;

14. Posted November 27, 2007 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

They better call L.

15. islandloner
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

seriously…if light is real..he would be ashamed to know that you got caught…geez…such a disgrace to anime fans

16. Posted November 28, 2007 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Light wouldn’t be caught that easily. at least the help of L is required XD.

17. Soulshard
    Posted November 28, 2007 at 2:35 am | Permalink

I’m going to provide some background for some of the Singaporeans and other non-Virginia residents tuning in. The state of Virginia in America had to deal with a massacre earlier this year when a student at the college of Virginia Tech slaughtered a few dozen students and faculty before committing suicide. This student made video tapes of himself when he was alone, talking about how and why he is going to kill people at the university, and then mailed the tapes to the news station the day he committed the crime. You can google or wikipedia search the event with the term ‘Virginia Tech shooting’.

The reason why I state this is because this is an anime blog, and some of you – especially foreigners (I am American) – will feel this is a plot to slam anime, to pick on otakus, to exaggerate a story, etc etc etc. But this happened in a school in Virginia, and crimes like this massacre do not happen a lot at American schools.

I cannot expect the faculty at the school to act any differently – students in America are extremely susceptible to gun violence (see ‘Columbine massacre) and it is easy to acquire a gun in America if you know how to. This student might have just been a nerd who was picked on, and who wanted to vent his frustration through his Death Note. But, arresting an innocent kid over his Death Note is a small price to pay to make sure that everyone else in the school is safe.

I typed in the way I did and explained the history in this blog entry to try to clarify why this happened, and why this event is not just related to anime.

18. Posted November 28, 2007 at 2:48 am | Permalink

meh. I thought the craze over death note is over. unfortunately it isn’t? =/

19. Alias
    Posted November 28, 2007 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Still, the way they are dealing with this is like arresting a kid because he owns a model gun. I mean, lets face it: the death note does not work. It’s more of a way to let out your fustrations rather than actually killing, the same way as cycling or rollerblading. The only thing different about them is that one is accepted by the general public, while the other isn’t. History shows how humans deal with things they don’t understand, and now with things like the mass media, it just makes things spread further and wider than it really derserves to.

20. blah
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

LOL… it was because of something similar to this hence death note was banned in china… man people are stupid, copying cartoons…

21. Youko
    Posted March 5, 2008 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Doesn’t Death Note creep out any of you? It’s an assault on the senses. Really.

22. true kira
    Posted March 11, 2008 at 3:10 am | Permalink

for one it’s not a cartoon it’s a anime/manga and two KIRA IS JUSTICE KIRA WILL CLEANSE THE EARTH OF ALL EVIL IT IS KIRA’S DESTINY THOSE WHO KIRA WELL DESTROY DESERVE TO DIE AND KIRA IS REAL AS IS THE DEATH NOTE I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM KIRA AND I WILL BE THE GOD OF THE NEW WORLD I SHALL BRING LIGHT YAGAMI’S JUSTICE TO THE REAL WORLD

23. MisaMisa
    Posted March 17, 2008 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

I support you Kira! Your way of justice is the right way and the only way.

24. Vinroth
    Posted April 13, 2008 at 10:48 am | Permalink

I see someone is taking on the role of owning a “true death note” In the events that you actually might have one, and comprise the power to kill those you desire with a meager name, Then I would like to ask a simple question, once you are done killing everyone you feel is not worthy of your “new world”, who will be left? It is completely impossible to rid of all the crime in the world, unless of course you kill everyone..as long as there is freedom to choose, there will forever be crime, You can kill as many people as you would like, but in the end you will see that it was all for nothing..The perfect world your trying to create will never exist.

25. Second Kira
    Posted April 16, 2008 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

your wrong Vinoroth.. Once the world is rid of criminals..all will see that crime is not welcomed. and no one will dare taint this world again with their crimes..it will be a new world. All who defy the new god will be punished.

26. Posted April 18, 2008 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

I am not role playing. True vinroth it may be impossible to make the world 100% crime free but as long as their is so little that it does no true harm and their is not enough to taint the minds of the innocent and keep the good on top then at least some thing is done as that will be but that is the at worst option you see i will totally cleanse the earth of the WRONG see the justice of true kira here is a thought why don’t you go to google,yahoo,aim,msn,ask,icq or any search engine and search true kira. hahahahahaah.

• Zetsubou Shi Kage
      Posted April 1, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

WHY THE HELL DID THEY THINK YOU WERE ROLEPLAYING!?
      KIRA YOU TELL THEM YOU’LL CLEANSE THIS CRUEL EVIL WORLD! my name is Shi Kage and i am at your service Kira-sama. Yes, Shi Kage is my REAL name. My parents died when i was a baby, and everyone i ever got close to died when i lived with them. So my relatives who were still living named me Shi Kage Zetsubou. My middle name is Zetsubou. They told me the only thing i’ll ever do in life will bring Death and Dispair to people i get close to. Kira-sama you are my new reason for living now.

• Alice
      Posted April 23, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

You go Kira!

27. MisaMisa
    Posted April 18, 2008 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

You tell them Kira!

28. Hikari
    Posted April 18, 2008 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

What’s funny is that half the names on the website are names of the anime characters, not of real people.

But it’s seriously sad.

29. true kira
    Posted April 21, 2008 at 8:28 am | Permalink

I will cleanse the earth of all sin with my death note. I am Kira i will destroy all who dare stand in the way of my justice. This world is rotten because of the criminals,sinners and the the wrong minded ones polluting this world with their rotten idea’s who must be destroyed and with my death note i Kira god of the new world shall do it it is my destiny and my fate i am justice i will make the earth a better place for all as Kira true justice it shall be done. I would like to also say Google translate does not keep grammar in mind when translating it just translates word for word that is a problem when translating Japanese what’s sentence structure is not the same as English is.

30. Lee
    Posted May 4, 2008 at 1:31 am | Permalink

Lol if u read the book it said L died by choking on a strawberry cheesecake

31. uchiha_boy
    Posted May 28, 2008 at 9:14 am | Permalink

I WILL KILL ITACHI!!!!!!!!!!!
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

32. mello
    Posted June 4, 2008 at 10:14 am | Permalink

what an idiot, he got cought by the staff of a high school, how dumb can you be, the only people cought using a death note were under investigation by all the dectives, how pitiful you would get cought, and then for the media to make such a fuss over it like this is even more pitiful, but im goin to announce now that i do wish the death note was real and i was one of the luck ones to recieve one of the 6 active death notes, i would probly be doing the same thing light (as kira) does

33. Posted July 13, 2008 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

I AM JUSTICE I WILL STOP KIRA!

• Aiko Lawliet
      Posted April 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

You go L! catch Kira!

34. Posted July 15, 2008 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

was it this death note the kid was caught with?

thats a website that shows you how to make a “real” death note using occult powers…

35. wtf
    Posted July 17, 2008 at 7:36 am | Permalink

thats just gay…

although, there is some retarted ritual on how to make a actual deathnote…

this is how humanity deals with things they dont understand, with fear and hate, instead of with curiosity

36. Suma Sang
    Posted July 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Lol if u read the book it said L died by choking on a strawberry cheesecake.

LOL.

37. Star
    Posted August 3, 2008 at 11:25 am | Permalink

It’s sad you people like Death Note that much. It’d be fun to carry around a fake Note, and I was actually thinking about doing that. I think I’m just going with having a black notebook that doesn’t have the words Death Note on it. And I guess I believe in Kira. I’ve been researching, and, actually, it’s very possible. The bad thing is, nobody is like Light. The one that might be Kira(Go to wikipedia and type in ‘Manga Murders’)is killing innocent people. Light killed criminals and whoever stood in the way of him creating the perfect world. Of course, Light’s not real, but still. I wish more people that believe they are Kira will act like Light.

38. Keido
    Posted September 6, 2008 at 1:43 am | Permalink

This is actually quite entertaining. The media is so bored to the point that they would cover this story. Hell, there shouldn’t even be a story. So what if he has a Death Note. People go to school with diaries, journals, etc. all the time and I guarantee you that at least one person has wished death upon another person inside of this personal book. If he believes it is real, let him do it. It isn’t like anyone will die. This shows you how many of our rights we’ve lost. If you want to kill off all of the Evil, kill all of the media, government, and criminals. They’re all the same.

39. A
    Posted September 12, 2008 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Ahh, disgusting, the possibilty of a real kira is amazingly possible, however a real L lawliett i doubt very much so,but i…well in the fact that if you are kira i would like to represent that i am a true L,surpasser of N, as well as M; consequently, if you are “kira” do not claim this upon our fien people, to rid the world do not take out those in your way, just those of inpurity i beg of you,do not take me the wrong way. I, A, am also a follower as well as a hater of most claimers of Kira’s name,an anime nonetheless,research this subject some mroe and much more thoroughly before you make accusations of impossibility. The Death Note, my friends is real. In our minds we do not want to accept this. Death Gods are also real, ever heard of anubis? If a God in christianity can succumb to be beileved with no proof,what may i ask, is so different about a notebook that can kill people,every “Kira” has their own ways. My objective is to save those unfortunate enough to claim the responsibility, by obtaining The Death Note. Please do not be afraid.

40. A
    Posted September 12, 2008 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Damn it, i misspelled fine.

41. Posted September 12, 2008 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

I bet the creators of Death Note are laughing their ass off

42. A
    Posted September 12, 2008 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

me too

43. Kira
    Posted September 28, 2008 at 6:06 am | Permalink

I will become the god of The New World! Better not reveal your name…

44. unico
    Posted September 28, 2008 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

same thing happened in Japan and China
    if a student is making threats on others, they should be talked to

45. Posted October 22, 2008 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

i know kira is real… why? because i know L personally. Hes not famous he just a high school kid but kira if you read this respond and i will tell you his name…

46. Posted October 22, 2008 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

have you noticed the time that we post isnt correct. my last post says 9:34 pm but actually it was at 11:40 pm. kira did that i know… DELETE

47. Posted November 3, 2008 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Kira will destroy any one that gets in his way, any way. Don’t ever forget that.

48. There is no REAL KIRA but there is me
    Posted November 16, 2008 at 1:48 am | Permalink

foolish

49. Me again
    Posted November 17, 2008 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

There has to be a real death note somewhere.

50. Savage
    Posted November 21, 2008 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Did you hear that they banned Death Note from China? You know that really dumb that people would ban a show or expell a student from school just for copying an anime show about death. I actually got in a huge arguement with a friend because of this. When I saw this I was like IT’s A FREAKING ANIME PEOPLE!