Yes for the OKA does not tolerate those who disparage the recipients of THAT Iron Cross.
On March 10, 1813 one of the most famous military decorations was introduced, the Iron Cross. Now 195 years and one day later the Oberkommando der Anime (OKA) of THAT Blog has decided to re-institute this prestigious award to the most gallant, skilled, and intelligent characters of the anime series that we have come to know and love. Proof of accomplishment, which exceeds a character’s call of duty, is all that is required of all aspirants. Like the first Iron Cross it will be awarded regardless of, rank, profession, gender, lifestyle, moe-mode, fetish, or cause…So without further ado here are the first of what hopefully will be many recipients of THAT Iron Cross, in no particular order of course…
(ohandbytheway I am drinking alcohol as I write this post)
Leutnant Gailey Biage (Ali al Sarshes)
On sale now where ever GAR albums are sold. Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics not suitable for emo boys.
Gailey Biage was once a freedom fighter for the Kurdish Republic who valiantly led the resistance against the all powerful Azadistani forces. Though in the end he failed, through no fault of his own to halt the Azadistani advance; the OKA recognizes that he failed ultimately due to the incompetence of child volunteers such as Soran. After this tragedy he enlisted with the French Foreign Legion and has served with distinction against the AEU’s enemies from both within and without.
- Pwning Setsuna’s pathetic existence on more than one occasion. Leutnant Biage has also done immense damage the traitor of Ireland, Neil Dilandy by righteously slaying nearly all of his kin rendering Neil so stupid that he now makes predatory advances upon Tieria, and Felt. Also for screwing him up so bad that Neil could not shoot Setsuna at point blank range, Gaily Biage is a true hero to the peoples of Earth for his continued resistance to Celestial Being. For his tenacious defense of all that is good in the series Gailey Biage of the AEU is awarded THAT Iron Cross 2nd Class.
- Killing the highest number of named characters thus far In Gundam 00 that included: Johann Trinity, Michael Trinity, Lagna Harvey, and Kinue Crossroad. Thus far Leutnant Biage has a running kill streak of 4. As the leading ace of his series Gailey Biage is hereby awarded THAT Iron Cross 1st Class.
- Committing the series’ first Grand Theft Gundam and stealing the one with the
overpowered funnelsfangs while starting out with an Enact and being initially out numbered by three to one. Not only did Leutnant Biage make off with a valuable prize for his people, but he also survived the overpowered Exia upgradeTrans-Am. For this marvelous display of tactical skill and uber Gundam hax he is hereby awarded THAT Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross.
Leutnant Patrick Corlassour
Leutnant Patrick has come a long way from the poor bastard who became the Black Knight of Gundam 00 in his first encounter with Exia. Humiliated and constantly shot down he was the laughing stock of the entire series. That is until one day he found a noble cause in which to fight for, the favor of one Oberst Katie Ohtori. From that day forward Patrick has gone from Zero to Hero, and was the first of the Allied Aces to decisively maul a meister turning the pilot of Dynames into a one eyed monster. Before Biage, before Graham, and before Sergei, Patrick proved that love is the greatest thing a man can fight for. Truly God has special providence for idiots, drunks, and the United States of America.
- Being the first Allied Ace to score a significant kill against the plot armored meisters of CB. For this momentous feat Leutnant Patrick his hereby awarded THAT Iron Cross 2nd Class.
- Having decent taste in women and being the healthiest young man in the whole series that is under the age of 40. Patrick is alone in the Gundam 00 world to have a normal relationship with his beloved Katie whom he loves with all his heart. While his love remains unrequited it is only a matter of time before Oberst Katie can no longer hold off on giving him a gohobi and maybe a kissu. For his tenacious insistence on loving the smartest woman in all of Gundam 00, and for some how scoring a dinner date with Oberst Katie (the first full dayto in Gundam 00 outside of a residence) he is hereby awarded THAT Iron Cross 1st Class. It is hoped that it will console him as we have failed to secure him a Katie kissu instead.
Oberst Katie Ohtori
Well we couldn’t find a portrait, but Patrick was kind enough to submit a sketch…
Arguably the smartest woman of her series, Oberst Katie is one of the few women who have elected to bear arms in the glorious struggle against Celestial Being and their idiot cause. As the latest descendent of the Haruhi Fujioka and Kyoya Ohtori line Katie has inherited her mother’s dressing habits and her father’s cunning. Being one of the few Patton-esque characters in anime this tough lady is prone to punching all non hackers for every infraction. In fact such was her iron discipline that Patrick was never ever late for anything in his life ever again. Her stellar reputation as one of the few women in CB not to have done anything stupid or display any cowardice precedes her and while she is little loved those with half a brain acknowledge her greatness. While Sumeragi is busy flashing her assets at Billy, Ms. Wang gets a hard on for her own words, Christina hides while being in the general direction of fire, Louise cosplays bandage girl Rei, Kinue rots in a grave, and Felt plays stalker; only Soma and Katie have been doing their jobs. The OKA recognizes her contribution in making Gundam 00 watchable.
- Saving Patrick from a Daryl Dutch ass kicking. For brilliantly getting both men to back off without having to fire a shot or punch a man through a wall, Oberst Katie is awarded THAT Iron Cross 2nd Class.
- Going on a dinner date with Patrick. The OKA appreciates Oberst Katie’s tact in granting Patrick one dayto even though Oberst Katie was less than enthused. Her assessment that a two hour dinner was preferable to 48 hours of having to try to blow him off amply demonstrated her wisdom. The OKA recognizes her superiority over the “good girls” of Gundam 00 and awards her THAT Iron Cross 1st Class for bravely going on a date with an ever eager Patrick.
- For inspiring a former zero and remolding him into a hero, Oberst Katie proved that she could and would make a man out of Patrick. His recent success would not have been possible had it not been for her inspired leadership and having the pheromones to attract men of unshakable faith and unbreakable loyalty. All this and without having to give him a kissu or gohobi she has earned her stripes as a full bird Oberst. The OKA is proud to present to her THAT Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross.
You have a grateful fatherland and glorious struggle ahead of you. Honor and blood for THAT Iron Cross.
That concludes this month’s honor roll. If you have any citations and/or recommendations you would like to give for Minami-ke please put them in the comments or shoot us and e-mail at the appropriate link. I was hoping to make this a sort of monthly affair to recognize the those truly excellent characters who dare to win or provide the viewer with indescribable joy and laughter. I have noted a few accomplishments of the Minami-ke cast that I would like to recognize, and while Mako-cakes is slated to be the first one to be awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds, I am not fully aware of how daring Kana has been.